'Significant progress' made with T-Mobile 911 glitch

Posted March 17, 2017

Meanwhile, officials in Dallas say they are increasing 911 staffing, asking officers trained to take calls to work overtime and offering training to other city staff.

The boy's mother, Bridget Alex, told the station that she was at her sister's home when her baby sitter frantically called her, saying her 6-month-old son had fallen from a day bed and was unconscious.

"It is outrageous that T-Mobile still has not resolved the ghost call issue that is putting Dallasites in danger by clogging our 911 system", Rawlings said.

On the fourth attempt when the babysitter called, she says she was on hold for 31 minutes.

T-Mobile phones are reportedly spontaneously dialing 911, a recurring issue that's been happening since November.

The 40-year-old babysitter called 911 at 5:55 p.m. and again at 5:57 but was put on hold each time.

British MPs approve bill to begin Brexit
She said the independence vote should take place between the autumn of 2018 and the spring of 2019. In an earlier referendum in 2014, Scotts had voted to remain part of the UK.

The city says the problem is 911 operators have to call back every number that registers as a hang up just to figure out if there is a true emergency.

Dallas mayor, Mike Rawlings, gave his condolences to Taffet and apologized to others who may have had adverse reactions to longer 911 wait times, but he vows to find an answer to the problem.

While awaiting a fix, city officials urged 911 callers to use alternatives to their T-Mobile phones.

Alex said she sped home and took her son to a hospital. The city said that there is no evidence so far that the delays in emergency response played any role in his death.

"There's really no apology", Alex said. She waited on hold for 55 seconds and hung up. Until then, he is calling for volunteers among city employees who want to receive training to handle 911 dispatches to help out.

"Clearly we share this obligation, this responsibility with the city management leadership as well as the mayor's office in a very honest and deep way", said T-Mobile Executive Vice President David Carey. T-Mobile executives David Carey and Neville Ray along with several T-Mobile engineers have been in Dallas since Wednesday to help solve the problem. The Dallas Police Department is now investigating the case, which may be linked to problems at the Dallas 911 center which has been overwhelmed with "ghost calls". "I need to know why my son of six months is gone, that's what I want to know". After WFAA contacted the city about Brandon's death, Broadnax reached out directly to the CEO of T-Mobile.