Woman accused of chasing GOP rep in vehicle after town hall

Posted May 14, 2017

A mugshot of Wendi Wright after she was charged with a felony for reckless endangerment on May 8, 2017.

Wright reportedly followed the vehicle after it left a town hall on the UT Martin campus.

She was allegedly outraged over Kustoff's vote in support of the American Health Care Act.

Inside the vehicle with Kustoff was an aide and a driver. However, the congressman left in his vehicle and "that's why she began following him", according to Plunk.

As Kustoff pulled into a driveway, Wright began to scream and strike the windows on Kustoff's auto and even reached inside the vehicle.

When Kustoff's vehicle turned into a driveway of a person they were familiar with, Wright allegedly got out of her auto and "began screaming and striking the windows" of his vehicle, police said.

She then reportedly blocked the auto until police were called and she ran away.

Poor mental health affects 20pc of van drivers
If you or a loved one are in need of emergency help, a crisis line volunteer can be reached at any time at 937-393-9904. But mental health issues tend to be less visible, so they are generally lower in the order of political priorities.

Kustoff earlier this month voted to repeal and replace Obamacare.

The May 4 House vote paves the way for states to individually determine whether people with pre-existing conditions can enroll in state-operated health care exchanges created under Obamacare.

"I voted for the American Health Care Act because our current health care system is failing Tennesseans", he said in a statement following the vote.

At that point 911 was called, but when authorities arrived, Wright was no longer at the scene. "That's why she began following him", said police Sergeant Marty Plunk.

However, the 35-year-old was then identified by police when she posted on Facebook about the incident later that night.

"That left us with no other choice but to issue an arrest warrant for her and take her into custody", Plunk said. She was released after posting a $1000 bond.

Kustoff's office declined to speak about the incident.